September 15, 2009

Out and About

Today has been a very productive day for me! I went to Michaels and bought some canvases to paint. I’m thinking of painting something for my dad’s birthday. I’m still brainstorming ideas. I haven’t been in Michael’s for so long. I think I could get lost in there and be completely happy. I watched all the people browsing all the arts and craft items and I wondered what their latest projects and ideas were. Michael’s already has seasonal items up for Fall and Halloween. Scarecrows, cornucopias, pumpkins…my eyes were flooded with the warm hues of brown, orange, red, and yellow. I absolutely loved it!

After Michaels, I wandered next door to HomeGoods. HomeGoods is another store I could just walk around in for hours and be completely and utterly content. I quickly acknowledged their seasonal area, but I knew what section my heart was calling for- the kitchen goods. I walk into the kitchen area and felt so happy. I let my eyes take in the beautiful tools, from silicon spatulas to artistic pepper mills to antique water kettles. I looked at all the cocktail shakers and had to muster up my inner strength to not spend any money (not until I get a job at least).

I walked out of HomeGoods empty handed. Nevertheless my spirits were still high and happy. My last adventure on my day out included the library. I’ve moved into my area for about 5 months now and have not been able to get a library card. Today I finally went in, signed the application and got myself a good-ole, comforting library card! Yay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment