October 14, 2009

Stainless Steel Makes Any Day Better


Isn’t it beautiful? Ever since I’ve started cooking I’ve only used non-stick pans because they were given to us by Nhat’s parents. I’ve always wanted a stainless steel pan but their price range put it out of my reach. Everyday, sitting on my beaten beige sofa, I watched in wishful awe as the cooks did their magic on TV. Using their gorgeous stainless steel pan with the heat perfectly distributed to their wondrous foods, meats browning nicely, a perfect deglazing with their fancy red wine, in my eyes, every dish looked better with stainless steel.

And now…surprise!!! For my birthday, Nhat surprised me with my very own All-Clad 12 inch stainless steel fry pan. So new, so beautiful, so perfect I could almost cry, but I won’t. Instead, I will contemplate on the perfect first dish for this stainless beauty. I just ordered the book, Eat Feed Autumn Winter, by Anne Bramley, so perhaps I will find inspiration in there. Until then, my new pan will just have to sit in the drawers high among my other pots and pans waiting to be beckoned upon to test its wonders and all its glory.

One stainless steel pan, check. Next, kitchen rug.

0 comments:

Post a Comment