November 4, 2009

America's Favorite Food: French Fries!


I remember when I first tried to make french fries, they stuck to the pan and weren't crispy! I've tried numerous times since then and was still unalbe to get the fries I wanted.  Fast forward many months later and I think I now know how to make tasty and crispy baked potato fries. The first advice is to get a good size and good quality baking sheet. I bought mine at Williams Sonoma for 20-30 dollars (i forget the price). The second is turning the fries with a spatula half way through baking so they don't stick to the sheet.


Here's my quick recipe. Add whatever ingredients you like!
4 potatoes clean and peeled (I only had small brown potatoes but the large russett potatoes work best)
1 1/2 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp salt and some pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Cut potatoes into french fries-like pieces.
Add them to a bowl. Add oil and, with a large spoon mix to coat the fries. Add all the spices and mix again to distribute the spices. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fries on an even layer of baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Half way through, use a spatula to turn fries. Fries should come out cripsy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment