October 21, 2009

Chorizo Soup (kind of)


Is it me or does it seem like I make soup a lot? Tonight I made another soup. I call it Chorizo Soup because I used chorizo in it (clever aren't I).  If I had more I would have use added more chorizo but I only use what I had left which was about ½ cup of chorizo. This recipe is very versatile and I added stuff along as I thought of it. All the ingredients are estimations so you can add as much or as little as you like. Shredded chicken or maybe using beef chunks would be a good addition to the soup also.


Chorizo Soup

½ cup of chorizo
¾ large onion (diced)
1 tbs mined garlic
2 large carrots diced
2 small tomatoes cut in large chunks
3 small potatoes diced
Some parsley minced
1 ½ can chicken broth
1 can of water
½ jalapeno minced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp worchestsire sauce
1 Tbs tomato paste
1-2 Tbs olive oil

Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic a pinch of salt and pepper and let onions and garlic sweat. Add chorizo and stir. Add carrots and potatoes and stir around to cover in oil. Add chicken broth and water and stir. Turn up heat to high. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, jalapeno, garlic powered, Worchestchier sauce, and parsley. Once soup comes to boil, lower to simmer and cover for about 20-25 minutes until potatoes are cooked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment